Stomping Ground CIC is a not-for-profit organisation inspiring creative events and community projects in Cumbria and north Lancashire, since 2011. We work with communities, charities and companies to make space for people to come together, create and play. Gem, Di and Lily are the directors of Stomping Ground and have collective experience of creative arts workshops and commissions, outdoor play and Forest School, event organising and community consultation.
Why hang out or work with us?
We are a Community Interest Company – CIC – this means our profits belong to Stomping Ground and are not creamed off by shareholders or extravagant directors. We put those profits towards match funding projects which fit with our values in targeted communities.
- We can set up comfortable and welcoming spaces in woodlands, parks, community halls mostly on common land accessible to the public.
- Our events and workshops are tailored to meet the needs of the community we are working with.
- We love collaborating with local community groups, other practitioners and third sector organisations who share our values.
- We have 50 years of collective experience in delivering workshops inside and outside, in various settings, with a whole range of communities and needs.
- We have specialist experience in ‘drop-in’ and ‘pop-up’ workshops which can be used to engage communities in upcoming events or as a community consultation tool.
- We provide an inclusive, friendly and often unique environment to deliver creative and playful activities with guidance and encouragement.
- Our activities are fully risk assessed, public liability insured, DBS checked and first aid covered.